Care and Maintenance of Your Luxury Vinyl Tile Floor
You can protect your Lifetime Floors LVT Floor by following these easy guidelines.
- In order to prevent indentations and scratches, provide glass, plastic or other non-staining cups with flat under surfaces not less than 2" in width for the legs of heavy furniture or appliances. Equip swiveled type office charis and other rolling furniture with broad surface non-staining casters at least 2" in diameter. Remove small diameter buttons from the legs of straight chairs and replace with metal glides that have bearing surfaces with no less than 1" in diameter.
- Protect your floor against burns. Burns from the glowing end of a cigarette, matches, or other extremely hot items can damage your LVT floor.
- Do ot flood floor or subject to requent standing water. Problems associated with excessive moisture can affect the job site.
- Protect your floor from tracked in dirt and grit particles by using walk off mats at all outside entrances. Take time to remove any imbedded grit particles from shoe soles before entering the room. Avoid the use of rubber-backed mats, as certain rubber compounds can permanently stain vinyl. Avoid tracking in tar or asphalt from driveways, as this can also discolor vinyl. Do not use vinegar, one-step cleaner/polishes or soil soaps..
- All Lifetime Floors have a good resistance to stains. They are not affected by most common houehold spills; however, any spill should be cleaned up immediately. The longer the spilled materials are left on the floor, the greater the risk of permanently staining the floor.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. During peak sunlight hours, the use of drapes or blinds is recommended. Prolonged direct sunlight can result in discoloration and excessive temperatures might cause tile expansion.
- Do not use vinegar as a cleaning agent.
Find the location of the a retailer near you to see our beautiful flooring for yourself.
Lifetime Floors has been manufacturing hardwood, laminate and bamboo flooring for over 20 years.
Lifetime Floors has an entire inventory of moldings, transitions and other accessories to finish your flooring.